Travel the labyrinth of old and new tombs in New Orleans’ most famous graveyard. Uncover the historical importance of the City of the Dead as you learn about the 50,000 former residents that rest there, focusing on the historical importance of the diverse culture and its unique history.
- Explore the above-ground tombs and crypts of the city’s most famous cemetery, which is the final resting place of some of the city’s high-profile historic figures
- Visit the tomb of Marie Laveau, the notorious Voodoo Queen of New Orleans as you uncover her interesting legacy in the city
- Learn how an above ground burial system works, then discover different styles of tombs and their purposes
- See the future final resting place of actor, Nicholas Cage and learn more about why he chose this location
- Guided walking tour
- Admittance to Saint Louis Cemetery #1
Please wear comfortable walking shoes. There is very little shade in the cemetery; wear wide-brimmed hats if you need shade. Please use the restroom before the tour. There is not a facility for this purpose where the tour meets. There is a public restroom available at the end of tour. Alcholic beverages are not allowed. Please no audio or video recording of the tour. Still photography is permitted. The St. Louis Cemeteries are owned and operated by the Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans. This is an active graveyard, therefore they have restricted smoking and alcoholic beverages on their sacred grounds. The marking on of tombs is considered vandalism and is prohibited. Dogs are also not allowed, licensed service animals being the exception.
This tour runs rain or shine. No refund for cancellations, but you can reschedule for a later date or comparable tour.