Climb and explore Birdsboro Rock Quarry, with over 100 routes of varying difficulty. Learn the rock climbing basics from certified instructors as you transition from the gym to outdoor climbing.
- Learn top-rope (single pitch) climbing basics from experienced, AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certified instructors
- Go over the basics of climbing gear, body movement, climbing technique, communication, proper foot positioning, and safe handholds
- Practice your skills on a variety of routes and cliff-faces in Birdsboro Rock Quarry, a popular Berks County climbing destination renowned for its history, variety, and scenic surroundings
- Enjoy a leisurely ten minute wilderness walk to the climbing area that includes two shallow river crossings over Hay Creek, and a chance to use an optional cable bridge
- Guided lesson
- Ropes, harnesses, and other necessary gear
What Guests Love
If you’ve never gone rock climbing outdoors, this is the perfect introduction day trip to help you transition to the great outdoors. Work with skilled, dedicated guides in a small group setting at a popular Pennsylvania climbing spot to get personalized instruction as you learn what it’s like climbing real rocks.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 7 days in advance.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
High Rocks State Park Outdoor Rappelling Adventure
Get your heart racing as you rappel off cliffs ranging from 80 feet to 175 feet. With over 100 different routes, enjoy amazing views of Tohickon Creek and the surrounding forest. Rappel with confidence as you learn the basics, or improve and improve your current skill set.
Duration:  4 hours