Egmont Key Express in Bradenton Beach
Take a trip into paradise and experience the rich history and stunning natural beauty of Egmont Key, a secluded Florida state park located in the mouth of Tampa Bay.
Cancellation: 5 days learn more
- Discover Egmont Key, a Florida state park which is a barrier island separating Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico
- Explore the ruins of Fort Dade, a historical landmark left over from the Spanish-American war, initially built to safeguard Tampa Bay
- Take in the natural beauty of the ocean waters while you look for unique seashells, relax on the beach, or snorkel in the crystal clear waters
- Keep on the lookout for local wildlife on this refuge, from gopher tortoises to nesting birds, especially on the southern part of the island which is an active bird sanctuary
- Experience the life of a seafarer by sitting in the cooling shade of an active lighthouse, built in 1850, which is still in use today
- The boat departs from Bradenton Beach Marina for a 4 hour trip, giving you two full hours to explore the island
- Please bring sunscreen, a towel, and water shoes
- Bring snorkel equipment if you want to take a dip in the ocean and look at the aquatic wildlife
- Small coolers for lunch and drinks are allowed
All cancellations must be made at least 48-hours in advance.