- 36 Ratings
Summit Deluxe Mountain Biking Trip from Maui
Pedal away with a guided mountain biking tour through scenic Hawaiian landscapes. Bask in the warm weather and salty breeze as you marvel at the natural beauty around you.
What You Will Do
- Bike down one of Maui’s famous peaks for a 3,000′ drop where you curve around 29 switch backs
- Stop often to enjoy the incredible vistas of west Maui surrounded by the Pacific
- Check out vegetable truck farms, protea farms, lodges, galleries, and Kula botanical gardens
- Visit boutiques, shops, and wonderful restaurants where you can stop and enjoy a leisurely meal
- Enjoy a van tour of the park before getting set up on your bike at the park entrance
- Guided bike tour
- 36 Ratings
Due to the government shutdown we were rescheduled from a Sunrise to a later trip. The park still opened at 7:00 A.M. and we could have been there when the park opened allowing better views at the summit. Otherwise our trip and ride were great. We no longer recommend the Kula Lodge for breakfast and/or lunch as the service was poor there. They acted like they did not want bikers. The equipment was great and our guide Eddy was great. Mahalo.The views were great except the Big Island Mountains had already clouded up!
I was hoping for a little more time to look around at the top. We enjoyed the information on the ride up and the bike ride down. If we we're to do it again we'd take the express and then after making it down we'd head back up to the top to hike around and if the sky was clear, we'd probably stay up top for some star gazing.
Very good overall. Ride up longer than planned. Trail hardtails are nice bikes but very jittery at speed. Designed for cross country riding, not paved downhill. But you just bought 300 so they will have to do for awhile. Good operation, we would recommend, probably 4.5 stars, which is good.