- 14 Ratings
Savannah's Chicken Country Captain Cooking Class
Mastering classic Southern fried chicken is a must for any bonafide home cook, and this culinary class will provide just that. Led by a pro who makes cooking and recipes fun, this cooking class will have you whipping up chicken based meals in no time.
What You Will Do
- Prepare six tried and true recipes, including Low Country Crab Stew, Angel Biscuits, Chicken Country Captain, Oven Steamed Rice, Herbed Succotash with Okra and Tomatoes, and Green Tomato Cobbler
- Gain skills and hands on experience, so you can recreate each dish at home
- Master recipes featured in Low Country cookbooks, including Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s favorite dish, Chicken Country Captain
- At the end of class, sit down and enjoy the meal you created
- Cooking class with instructor
- Recipes for all items prepared in class
- Water and coffee
Wear comfortable attire and closed-toe shoes. Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
Reservations cancelled 7 days or less prior to class are non-refundable.
- 14 Ratings
- Keyanna and Herman
It was a wonderful experience. We went for my husband's birthday and he loved it!
What an awesome experience! My wife and I did this together as a date night and it was not only educational but tastey too. Chef Darin is a fantastic cook and very patient teacher with a great sense of humor. Very entertaining and fun date night. We drove nearly five hours from Atlanta to do this and it is well worth it. We cannot wait to do it again!
This cooking class was informative, relaxing and extremely helpful. I had such a great time! Chef Darin was an experienced teacher and extremely helpful. I was able to learn cooking techniques that I would not be able to get from a recipe book. The food was delicious, and I plan to recreate the exact menu for a family meal! - Ann (Tuscaloosa, Al)
My husband and I took the Low Country: Chicken Country Captain class with Chef Darin and had an outstanding time. The Chef's in depth knowledge of food and professional skills allows you to learn new techniques in a fun hands on environment. We enjoyed the experience so much, that we signed up for a second class. And the best part is the truly wonderful meal that you enjoy at the end. He even made okra lovers out of both of us.Thanks Chef Darin!!