Experience the eccentric allure of San Francisco through a guided tour led by Emperor Norton I, showcasing iconic landmarks like Union Square and the St. Francis Hotel
Duration:  3 hours
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Follow your entertaining Emperor-dressed guide on an interactive sightseeing tour filled with historical anecdotes from his life
- Gain a unique perspective on the earthquake and great fire of 1906, and other historical events that shaped San Francisco
- Visit and learn the stories behind Union Square, the St. Francis Hotel, Maiden Lane, Lotta’s Fountain, Bummer and Lazarus, the Palace Hotel, Jackson Square, Portsmouth Square, and the Barbary Coast
- Bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Refunds for cancellations are given only if we are contacted no later than 24 hours prior to your tour.
- The tour takes place rain or shine, but no one is required to take the tour in the rain. Rainchecks are gladly issued upon request.
Mar 28, 2023
Delivered exactly as advertised. Learned a lot about niche SF history and the Emperor was great.
Mar 20, 2023
The tour guide is extremely fun, engaging, and humurous.
Feb 13, 2023
My girlfriend Trish and I had a great time on the tour! And that's despite the unusually cold weather! Very informative and entertaining. Thank you!
Nov 15, 2022
We had an amazing time on the tour! Learned a ton about the city and its history. Highly recommend the experience to locals and tourists!
Oct 24, 2022
This was such a fun tour! The Emperor was incredibly entertaining while imparting so much information about the city of San Francisco. It was well paced and took us to parts of the city we'd never been to. He had so many little stories about the city and the people who helped create such an exciting place, that it was extremely entertaining. I recommend this highly to visitors and residents.
Oct 18, 2022
Aug 19, 2022
It was so much fun and very informative.
Aug 15, 2022
Aug 15, 2022
Emperor Norton is magnificent. Highly, highly recommended!
Jul 19, 2022
Meeting location:  333 Post Street
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year