Etna Summit: Lava Hike & Volcanic Views
Experience an exhilarating lava field hike, approach Mount Etna’s grand summit craters, ascend its warm flank craters, descend sandy slopes, and capture stunning panoramas
Cancellation: 1 day learn more
- Glide to 2500 meters with a cable car from Rifugio Sapienza, then hike through volcanic desert to witness recent lava flows
- Marvel at the awe-inspiring Valle del Bove vista, born from an ancient volcanic collapse, before ascending the 2001 eruption’s volcanic cone for breathtaking views
- Explore inside the 2001 crater, enjoying a quick lunch on warm lava rocks, then descend with excitement down the sandy Rocca Sabbiosa slopes
- Complete the journey with a fun-filled run past Silvestri Craters, back to Rifugio Sapienza, relishing the unique shapes and forms of this extraordinary landscape
- Licensed hiking guide service
- Transfer from your accommodation in Catania
- Cable Car Ticket
- Hiking Poles
- YOU SHOULD BRING: Hiking shoes and high socks, windproof jacket, sweatshirt, sun hat, water min. 1,5 Liter, bag lunch.
- There is a possibility to rent hiking boots.
- The exact pick-up time (8:30 - 9:00 am) and the nearest pick-up point to your accommodation will be confirmed within 24 h before the departure.
- NOTE: This excursion, give the altitude and the relative high mountain weather condition is recommended for people in a state of good physical health.
- Not adapted for small kids.
Piazza Stesicoro, 95100 Catania CT, Italia
24 hours notice for a full refund.