Travel back to the golden age of mining on this tour of the Argo Gold Mill & Tunnel. Explore the Wild West as it was over a century ago when miners roamed the hills in search of gold.
Duration:  1hr 15mins - 1hr 45mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Head to Idaho Springs, Colorado—a great example of the influence of mining in this part of the country
- Take a walking tour of the front portal of the famous Argo Tunnel and descend through the 5 story Argo Mill
- Check out the relics and equipment used over a century ago, learning about the history of each along the way
- Receive a gold pan lesson - this hands-on activity that lets you try your luck
- Guided tour of the Argo Gold Mill & Tunnel
- Panning instruction and pan of gold ore
No sandals, flip flops or crocs are allowed on the tour. Closed-toed shoes only, preferably tennis shoes or sturdy flat-soled shoes.
- Not handicapped accessible
- No smoking within 20 feet of the property
- No pets allowed on the grounds
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 72 hours in advance.
Feb 9, 2021
It was fascinating seeing how the ore was processed using ancient equipment. While the tour includes a walk into a short tunnel, it would have been cool to go really deep into a mining tunnel, but I believe the others are closed to flooding and safety issues.
Jan 25, 2021
our guide was great. was very interactive with the guest and the kids.
Jan 19, 2021
The tour guide as well as the girl in the gift shop were fabulous. Friendly and knowledgeable. They made the tour a lot of fun and took precautions to keep everyone safe in this pandemic. Thank you so much. It was nice to have a rare day out to enjoy this.
Meeting location:  2350 Riverside Dr
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year