Travel back to the golden age of mining on this tour of the Argo Gold Mill & Tunnel. Explore the Wild West as it was over a century ago when miners roamed the hills in search of gold.
Duration:  1hr 15mins - 1hr 45mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Head to Idaho Springs, Colorado—a great example of the influence of mining in this part of the country
- Take a walking tour of the front portal of the famous Argo Tunnel and descend through the 5 story Argo Mill
- Check out the relics and equipment used over a century ago, learning about the history of each along the way
- Receive a gold pan lesson - this hands-on activity that lets you try your luck
- Guided tour of the Argo Gold Mill & Tunnel
- Panning instruction and pan of gold ore
No sandals, flip flops or crocs are allowed on the tour. Closed-toed shoes only, preferably tennis shoes or sturdy flat-soled shoes.
- Not handicapped accessible
- No smoking within 20 feet of the property
- No pets allowed on the grounds
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 72 hours in advance.
Jun 10, 2021
Great site - both outside equipment and the inside spaces. There seemed to be more that could have been included inside the mill that we just walked by w/o any comments from the guide. As a parent of a child on the Autism Spectrum, the guide gave “the look” that we are so used to of someone not understanding or accepting of our sons way of speaking and socially interacting.
Jun 8, 2021
It was a great tour, lots of information, great parking, cool souvenir shop, and panning was fun!
Jun 7, 2021
Awesome tour. Not being in an actual mine worked out just fine. Our tour guide, Brooks, was very informative. It was interesting to find out how the Argo connected all the mines in the area.
Meeting location:  2350 Riverside Dr
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year