Take a one- to two-hour walking, biking, or driving tour of the Historic Darien District with Jim. See the historic, scenic waterfront of Georgia’s second-oldest surviving town, working shrimp docks, the oldest building in Darien, the oldest house, scenic historic churches, the Colonial Cemetery, the Old Jail, haunted McIntosh County Courthouse (burned three times!) hanging grounds and more!
- See the historic, scenic waterfront of Georgia’s second-oldest surviving town, and explore its must-see sites
- Choose your style of journey - whether you prefer to get some fresh air and walk or bike, or just cruise past the charming cityscape, we can accommodate your preference
- Learn fun and fascinating stories about the historic district from your knowledgeable guide as you explore the area’s past and present
- We have a 24 hour cancellation policy
- You can cancel up until 24 hours before the tour start time, after that no refunds will be issued
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Half-Day Scenic Sapelo Island Tour
Tour scenic Sapelo Island’s south end for half a day with Jim Morrison, local writer, and history buff. Travel to the Island on the Sapelo Ferry while dolphins play in the wake and visit the unspoiled Sapelo beach, the restored Sapelo Island lighthouse, the R.J. Reynolds Mansion, and more.
Full-Day Scenic Sapelo Island Tour
Spend a day exploring the must-see sites of the beautiful Sapelo Island. Visit the South end, the area’s colorful wildlife, the historic First African Baptist Church, Bourbon Field, tabby ruins of the Chocolate Plantation slave cabins and manor, the mysterious Indian Shell Ring, sugar mill ruins, and more!