Discover the scandalous past of North Beach’s Barbary Coast, while indulging in the mouth-watering cuisine that put this infamous neighborhood on the map
- Enjoy the famous tomato-based seafood stew cioppino, invented by Italian fishermen in San Francisco, among the possible tastings
- Taste the delicious deviled egg and huckleberry fritter at an award-winning tavern in the historic Moose’s Restaurant, as one of the possible tastings
- Dine on authentic Italian wood-fired pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast, which was voted No. 3 Best Pizza in the US by People Magazine’s Pizza Search, among the possible tastings
- Indulge in the hearty and cheesy arancini at an old-time historical Italian red sauce restaurant, a North Beach neighborhood hotspot, as a possible tasting
- Try the hand-filled authentic cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe, among the possible tastings
- Sample different gelato flavors featuring partnerships with local food purveyors such as TCHO Chocolate, St. George Spirits, Numi Tea, and Fiddyment Farm Pistachios, as one of the possible tastings
- 4-course progression prix-fixe at four different restaurants
- Two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert
- Local tour guide
- Guests must bring their own face masks.
- This is a walking tour so comfortable shoes are a must.
- We can accommodate the following restrictions: Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Gluten-free, Pregnant Guests, No Pork, No Seafood.
- If you are unsure if we can accommodate your restriction, please email us at [email protected].
- Please note that this tour may include nuts, dairy, seafood, spicy food and pork.
Video Source: @avitaltours
Tours can be rescheduled with 2 weeks advance notice. All tickets are nonrefundable.