Being a chocolate taster is a tough job, but someone has to do it! This class is an introduction to how we learn to taste chocolate—the techniques, the flavors to look for, and the vocabulary to describe what you find. We’ll share best practices and discuss what types of flavors we often find in finished chocolate.
Duration:  45mins - 1hr
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Indulge your tastebuds as you try an assortment of chocolate from all around the world, including bars from Tumaco, Colombia (70%); Kokoa Kamili, Tanzania (70%); Maya Mountain, Belize (70%); Ben Tre, Vietnam (70%); Costa Esmeraldas, Ecuador (85%)
- Learn the tasting techniques, the flavors to look for, and the vocabulary to describe what you find
- Put your newfound knowledge to the test by tasting a flight of five chocolates individually
- Participate in a group discussion about what we tasted
- Complete the experience with our skilled instructor sharing our tips on how to improve your chocolate tasting palate. There are no expert chocolate tasters; there are only experienced chocolate tasters. And the more you pay attention to tasting chocolate, the more practiced you can become!
- Online chocolate tasting
- Friendly and knowledgable instructor
- Chocolate for the tasting
- Official Tasting Handout (Spring 2020)
- Content is geared toward guests ages 12 and up
- If you would like to reschedule, you can choose a different date based on availability
- We are unable to provide a refund for chocolate bars delivered
Oct 16, 2020
While the tasting was very subjective, i would have liked a more structured discussion around different types of chocolate, the process (including harvesting, roasting, making, etc). Too much voice, not enough imagery. Show photos of local countries where harvested. Make it real. Show photos of the dandelion factory. If this was an on-site tour, what would we have seen? Bring that to life as well. Yes, we had a tasting of chocolate. But i felt like there was ample opportunity to add more to the discussion. What makes Hershey different than European chocolate? What do we see in the supermarket? Educate people whose only experience is Hershey, nestle or Cadbury.
Oct 2, 2020
Very informative, tasty, great atmosphere
Sep 29, 2020
Cathrine gave a wonderful tasting. It was well-organized and gave the participants enough time to enjoy the chocolate tasting itself. It also provided a good guide for enjoying chocolate for taste; for example, taking the time to appreciate chocolate with all of our senses and finding descriptors of the experience itself. Thank you for hosting and providing this event for us! It really makes a difference.
Meeting location:  2600 16th St
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year