Embrace the quirky charm that defines San Francisco. See some of the City by the Bay's most iconic and historic sights—including Union Square, the St. Francis Hotel and more—guided by Emperor Norton I, San Francisco's unofficial mascot.
Best Price Guaranteed
- Meet one of the most colorful characters central to the quirky history of San Francisco, self-proclaimed “Protector of Mexico,” Emperor Norton I
- Follow your entertaining Emperor-dressed guide on an interactive sightseeing tour filled with historical anecdotes from his life
- Gain a unique perspective on the earthquake and great fire of 1906, and other historical events that shaped San Francisco
- Visit and learn the stories behind Union Square, the St. Francis Hotel, Maiden Lane, Lotta’s Fountain, Bummer and Lazarus, the Palace Hotel, Jackson Square, Portsmouth Square, and the Barbary Coast
- 1 hour walking tour of San Francisco with costumed guide
Bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Aug 19, 2022
It was so much fun and very informative.
Aug 15, 2022
Aug 15, 2022
Emperor Norton is magnificent. Highly, highly recommended!
Jul 19, 2022
Mar 28, 2022
Emperor Norton's knowledge of San Francisco history has not diminished, despite his ripe old 200+ year age. A wonderful experience. We learned a lot of fascinating tidbits.
Feb 28, 2022
We had a wonderful and very intimate (only three of us) experience on this tour. We learned so much about S.F. history and architecture! What a lovely time!!
Feb 7, 2022
Entertaining and interesting, a great walking tour
Nov 15, 2021
Oct 14, 2021
This is the very best way to see San Francisco. The Emperor knows the ground and the people. He waves and greets all. Great fun.
Oct 4, 2021
Loved every minute
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year