Embrace the quirky charm that defines San Francisco. See some of the City by the Bay's most iconic and historic sights—including Union Square, the St. Francis Hotel and more—guided by Emperor Norton I, San Francisco's unofficial mascot.
Best Price Guaranteed
- Meet one of the most colorful characters central to the quirky history of San Francisco, self-proclaimed “Protector of Mexico,” Emperor Norton I
- Follow your entertaining Emperor-dressed guide on an interactive sightseeing tour filled with historical anecdotes from his life
- Gain a unique perspective on the earthquake and great fire of 1906, and other historical events that shaped San Francisco
- Visit and learn the stories behind Union Square, the St. Francis Hotel, Maiden Lane, Lotta’s Fountain, Bummer and Lazarus, the Palace Hotel, Jackson Square, Portsmouth Square, and the Barbary Coast
- 1 hour walking tour of San Francisco with costumed guide
Bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Sep 5, 2021
Emperor Norton is a fountain of knowledge. He's fun interesting and the whole tour was a delight. Will definitely check out one of is other tours.i really learned a lot about sf.
Aug 12, 2021
I had a close friend highly recommend the tour and give me some background on Emperor Norton after we walked by the tour about a week prior to when I went near the Trans America Pyramid. I signed up thinking I would have fun and came in with no expectations. I had an absolute ball. Great history, and Emperor Norton was quite accommodating to everyone and making sure all were together, having fun, and answering all manner of questions. I learned quite a bit and got to see parts of SF I had never sen before even after living here for several years. I ended up saving several locations to epoxy eater and visit (such as the Far East Cafe). I will likely take the water front tour.
May 17, 2021
The tour was informative, very fun, refreshing + a delight. As someone who lives in SF I learned so many new things, the editing of the stories told was excellent, very engaging, interesting + for a tourist or sf native that may pass by some of these landmarks daily + didn't realize the history. The only shame is that Giradelli Chocolates does not have the Emperor Norton's sundae on the menu any longer. Bring it back!! I would recommend this tour to my friends + family, and you too. 3 cheers to emperor Norton tour! The guide is clearly passionate, a history buff + eccentric channeling of the spirit of the Emperor!!
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year