- Discover Harlem’s interesting place in history as we journey from the 1500s to the present day
- Learn about Harlem in the time of discovery and the American Revolution
- Hear about the meeting of Alexander Hamilton and General George Washington before visiting Hamilton’s home in Harlem Heights
- We discuss the Trans Atlantic Slave trade in North, Central and South America, and how those dynamics impacted human relations
- Visit the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture and delve into the New Negro Movement better known as the Harlem Renaissance
- Explore two exhibitions on the Civil Rights Movement that crossed this country in the North, South and West Coast to present day history
- An expert cultural historian leads this unique tour
- Wear comfortable shoes as this tour will include plenty of walking!
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for wheel-chair users
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Art Behind Hidden Doors in The Upper East Side
By the turn of the 20th century, luxury mansions, carriage houses and social clubs began dotting the area now known as the Upper East Side. Hidden gems can still be found upstairs in old townhouses and behind marked doors. We will talk with art dealers and see a combination of old European Masters, American contemporary works, rare Southeast Asian antiquities and modern photography.
Duration:  2hrs - 2hrs 30mins