Take a guided walking beach eco-tour tour adventure at Florida's Madeira Beach. Check out shells, shorebirds, and learn about sea turtles along the way.
Duration:  1hr 30mins - 2hrs 15mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- See, touch and hear about our large collection of shells from local beaches in the area
- Learn how to identify common coastal birds you’ll see with an expert who will provide tips
- Uncover the secrets of sea turtles that nest on these beaches, including how females come back to the same beach area they were born on
- Find out how you can help keep our endangered beach-nesting birds and sea turtles safe
- Enjoy a relaxing beach walk that’s entertaining and educational for all ages
- Ninety-minute tour
- Tour includes walking and standing with total distance about one mile
- Dress for a casual walk, and wear shoes appropriate for the pavement and the beach.
- Protect yourself from the sun with whatever your sun protection routine consists of (hat, sunscreen, etc.)
- If it’s hot, you may want to bring water (in a reusable container if possible). In the winter it will be even chillier on the beach due to the sea breeze so we recommend you bring a jacket.
- No pets
- Walks proceed in light, sporadic rain. Dress to stay dry with a rain jacket, hat, umbrella, etc. If the rain is heavy, we have an indoor location and we bring the beach to you–so to speak–with our shell collection and dozens of photos of the beach, sea birds, sea turtles and more. All the information on the tour is conveyed while you stay dry and comfortable at a local restaurant. It’s the same content as the outdoor tour, minus the rain and sand in your sneakers.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance.
May 20, 2021
Our family really enjoyed our walk with Wendy. She is an excellent teacher and as well as being really personable. She tailored her talk to what our family was interested in (shells), but also we learned about identifying some seabirds along with information about turtles and some local fauna. We really learned a lot and it was perfect for our family of kids with a big age range (7-17). Ending our walk on the beach for sunset was a great bonus. Super smart. I felt like it was the perfect amount of information to get the kids excited about going shelling. When you start to be able to indentify your natural surroundings and name them, you are able to begin a relationship with them. That is how we feel now about the Black Skimmers and Loggerhead Turtles. Wendy is so motivated to help these creatures that it was infectious! We care about these animals now that we know about them. Very worthwhile use of time--avoid the tourist traps and head for a walk with Wendy!
May 18, 2021
Wendy was very nice and knowledgeable. She made us feel comfortable and I learned new and interesting things from her. Have been trying to identify more birds and shells since then. Can highly recommend a tour with her. Thanks.
Apr 15, 2021
We had a very enjoyable walk, Wendy is very informative, explaining and identifying birds found on Madeira Beach. Also great information about the Loggerhead turtle nesting and shells found there too! I highly recommend!! Also, the ice cream shop where we met to start the tour,, has delicious ice cream!!
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year