Take a guided walking beach eco-tour tour adventure at Florida's Madeira Beach. Check out shells, shorebirds, and learn about sea turtles along the way.
Duration:  1hr 30mins - 2hrs 15mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- See, touch and hear about our large collection of shells from local beaches in the area
- Learn how to identify common coastal birds you’ll see with an expert who will provide tips
- Uncover the secrets of sea turtles that nest on these beaches, including how females come back to the same beach area they were born on
- Find out how you can help keep our endangered beach-nesting birds and sea turtles safe
- Enjoy a relaxing beach walk that’s entertaining and educational for all ages
- Ninety-minute tour
- Tour includes walking and standing with total distance about one mile
- Dress for a casual walk, and wear shoes appropriate for the pavement and the beach.
- Protect yourself from the sun with whatever your sun protection routine consists of (hat, sunscreen, etc.)
- If it’s hot, you may want to bring water (in a reusable container if possible). In the winter it will be even chillier on the beach due to the sea breeze so we recommend you bring a jacket.
- No pets
- Walks proceed in light, sporadic rain. Dress to stay dry with a rain jacket, hat, umbrella, etc. If the rain is heavy, we have an indoor location and we bring the beach to you–so to speak–with our shell collection and dozens of photos of the beach, sea birds, sea turtles and more. All the information on the tour is conveyed while you stay dry and comfortable at a local restaurant. It’s the same content as the outdoor tour, minus the rain and sand in your sneakers.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance.
Mar 16, 2020
We had a wonderful time! Our tour guide was a lot of fun and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend this to everyone. It wa a great experience.
Mar 9, 2020
Fantastic learning experience! Wendy is very knowledgeable and passionate about conservation. After participating you will have a new appreciation of the beach.
Mar 2, 2020
Wendy was great! We learned so much and our 11 year old daughter just loved this. She is even doing her 4H report on sea shells now!
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year