Finding the Light with Diane von Furstenberg
Fashion Designer and CFDA President
When I travel, I crave new experiences and discoveries. My earliest travel memory is going to Italy by car and discovering the Italian culture. I would spend my Perfect Day in Los Angeles because it has the most beautiful light. My most memorable moment in LA is from years ago, when my husband taught me how to drive in his yellow E Type Jaguar. It's a city for falling in love.
The places you should definitely see
- Hollywood: With this town's history, you can't miss out on glamorous Old Hollywood.
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA): With over 100,000 objects dating from ancient times to the present, their collections are always inspiring.
The activities that can't be missed
- Visit the Rose Bowl Flea Market: It's the best market for discovering treasures.
- Point Dume in Malibu: It's the most beautiful beach, and I love the sea lions.
- Go on a hike: There are so many hikes, from Franklin Canyon in Beverly Hills to any of the Malibu Canyons.
My hidden gems
- The Elder Statesman: For the cashmere goodies.
- The Gray Gallery on Melrose: A great gallery where unique artists, ceramicists, and jewelers are showcased alongside unparalleled vintage and custom designs.
- Alexandra von Fürstenberg Home Décors: My daughter-in-law's store on Melrose.
The place I'm most excited to go next is Mongolia.