Boston’s principal role in launching the American Revolution is linked by the brick-lined Freedom Trail. This world-famous pedestrian path is best experienced on foot, in a small group, with a compelling and knowledgeable guide!
Our small group walking tour delves deeply into the years 1760 to 1775, the tumultuous fifteen years prior to the beginning of the American Revolution. We walk in the footsteps of colonial Bostonians, all of whom grappled with the difficult—and inescapable—question of loyalty or rebellion to crown and country.
With a captivating storytelling approach, Hub Town Tours provides the perfect introduction to Boston’s enduring status as America’s “Cradle of Liberty.” As you travel past historic landmarks of Revolutionary Boston, your guide shares the gripping story of a small colonial town careening toward war with a global empire.
Two-hour Public Tours are offered in the evening (4:00–6:00pm) on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Private Tours available upon request.
- Local historian
- Small groups (12 guests maximum)
Historic images (e.g. maps, portraits)
Primary sources and quotations
- Museum admission
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and weather-appropriate attire—this tour is 100% outdoors!
- If possible, arrive to the tour rally point (1 Washington Street, 02108) 5-10 minutes prior to the tour departure to check in and meet your guide.
- The tour will NOT return to its starting point! We conclude at the North End’s iconic Paul Revere Statue (370 Hanover Street, 02113), approximately 1 mile from where the tour begins.
- This walking tour does not enter the individual historic sites along the Freedom Trail, except for public parks and burying spaces.
- Service animals are welcome, but pets are not allowed inside historic burying grounds due to city restrictions.
- This tour is wheel-chair and scooter accessible, but please be prepared for narrow sidewalks and uneven surfaces!
- Please note: current COVID-19 restrictions in the City of Boston mandate face coverings for all tour participants.
Full refunds are possible with 24 hours notice. Please contact Hub Town Tours directly at 857-770-1482 or [email protected] if you need to amend your booking.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Boston: Midday Tour of Freedom Trail History
Boston's principal role in launching the American Revolution is linked by the brick-lined Freedom Trail. This world-famous pedestrian path is best experienced on foot, in a small group, with a compelling and knowledgeable guide!
Duration:  1hr 30mins