Exploring Pockets of Seattle with Blogger Keridwyn Deller
Author of seattlepockets.com
Personal Seattle Concierge
No matter where I travel, I love coming home to Seattle where you can find fantastic local restaurants, great art events, gorgeous views and so much more. I run a social media marketing company here in Seattle and love discovering the pockets of Seattle. My boyfriend and I actually make a point to schedule a few stay-cations throughout the year in the Seattle area.
A perfect day in Seattle for me would be waking up (and sleeping in) at Inn at the Market and getting fresh flowers and breakfast in Pike Place Market, heading to SAM’s Olympic Sculpture Park for a walk, lunch at Bleu Grotto, kayaking in Lake Union, dinner at Poppy and hitting a few bars to enjoy different craft cocktails from some of the country's best bartenders before heading back to our hotel room with a view of the Puget Sound and mountains.
My favorite places to eat and drink
- Poppy - their seasonally rotating thalis serve amazing small bites on one platter. Get the eggplant fries with sea salt and honey to start.
- Chan - traditional and modern Korean cuisine -nothing better on a rainy day than this Pike Place Market restaurant’s bibimbop and bulgogi sliders.
- Plum - local, sustainable, organic and all vegan? I’m a meat-eater but I swoon for their Mac ‘n’ Yease and Oyster Mushroom Fettuccine.
- Bleu Grotto - great cocktails, ridiculous menu and the dish I crave almost all the time: Wasabi Grilled Cheese with dipping sauces and the stetler starter salad (hold the onions, please).
The activities that can't be missed
- Snag some Trophy Cupcakes - this is the cupcake company Martha Stewart called “utterly delicious".
- Kayak at Aqua Verde Paddle Club in Lake Union.
- Pike Place Market - a cliche place to visit in Seattle for so many reasons!
The places you should definitely see
- Kubota Gardens - gorgeous Japanese gardens in South Seattle.
- Golden Gardens - light a beach bonfire and watch the sunset.
- Alki beach - another great place for sunsets and bonfires!
My hidden gems
- Needle & Thread - use the phone inside Tavern Law to see if they have space in the secret bar upstairs.
- Octo Sushi happy hour - delicious sushi at a great price.
- We have some amazing day spas (saunas, steam room, hot tubs, etc) - Banya5, HotHouse, Ladywell Spa and Olympus Day Spa.