Explore the Hiram Chittenden Locks and learn how boats “lock through” while looking for salmon and harbor seals. Visit Gas Works, a one-of-a-kind iconic park with stunning views, and see houseboat communities.
- Visit the Hiram Chittenden Locks and learn what it means for boats to “lock through” as it watch it happen right before your eyes
- Search for baby salmon heading out to sea and adult salmon returning through the fish ladder
- Learn the history of the locks, how they transformed Seattle and why they are so important to maintaining the levels of the lakes behind it
- Head to Gas Works Park, a former industrial site transformed into one of Seattle’s favorite and most iconic parks to celebrate the fourth of July
- Watch for sea planes landing/taking off and drive by Seattle’s houseboat communities along Lake Union to get a feel for this unique neighborhood
- Guided tour
- Bottled water
Wear your comfy shoes and appropriate weather gear as much of this tour is outside.
Kids 8+ are welcome.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Bespoke Private Group Tour of Seattle
Throw caution to the wind as a local of thirty years treats your group to a totally unique tour of Seattle. Explore the most interesting, quirky and beautiful parts of the city and find hidden gems that you wouldn’t see on other tours.
Duration:  3 hours
Private Ballard Locks, Gas Works Park and Houseboats Tour of Seattle
Discover the Hiram Chittenden Locks as you watch boats “lock through” and see local salmon and harbor seals. Then, head over to Gas Works, a one-of-a-kind iconic park with stunning views and learn about the area’s local houseboat communities. This is a private tour for up to four people.
Duration:  3 hours