Explore the Hiram Chittenden Locks and learn how boats "lock through" while looking for salmon and harbor seals. Visit Gas Works, a one-of-a-kind iconic park with stunning views, and see houseboat communities.
Best Price Guaranteed
- Visit the Hiram Chittenden Locks and learn what it means for boats to “lock through” as it watch it happen right before your eyes
- Search for baby salmon heading out to sea and adult salmon returning through the fish ladder
- Learn the history of the locks, how they transformed Seattle and why they are so important to maintaining the levels of the lakes behind it
- Head to Gas Works Park, a former industrial site transformed into one of Seattle’s favorite and most iconic parks to celebrate the fourth of July
- Watch for sea planes landing/taking off and drive by Seattle’s houseboat communities along Lake Union to get a feel for this unique neighborhood
- Guided tour
- Bottled water
Wear your comfy shoes and appropriate weather gear as much of this tour is outside.
Kids 8+ are welcome.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance.
Meeting location:  2408 1st Ave
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year