Participate in an immersive journey through an oyster hatchery and farm, gaining insights into oyster cultivation and enjoying a boat ride on Vineyard Sound, culminating in a firsthand taste of these freshly grown delicacies
- Get the inside scoop on oysters: Learn how they are cultivated as you travel on board a working oyster boat
- Visit a hatchery to see oysters being spawned and go behind the scenes with a tour of the oyster farm
- Discover what makes the dark-blue waters of Martha’s Vineyard so unique as you explore Vineyard Sound
- Pull up a cage full of market oysters to learn how to cull these critters before enjoying a sample
- Tour of Cottage City Oyster Farm
- Life jacket
- Bottled waters
- Ice Cooler
- Please wear summer clothes that can get wet or dirty.
- Please also bring sunscreen, hats or anything else that provides shade from the sun.
- A cooler with complementary water will be provided, but feel free to bring whatever beverage you want including alcoholic.
- There are no ramps or aids to help you step off and on the boat. It is encouraged that you take this into consideration when booking.
- You will be out in the open ocean, so sensitive individuals may experience motion sickness.
- Children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult that is older than 18 years of age.
- Both tour guides are USCG licensed captains.
100% refund for cancellations due to bad weather. Rescheduling is optional.