N.Y.Chic with Alice + Olivia Founder
Stacey Bendet Eisner
Culture & Inspiration Seeker
I would spend my perfect day in New York because it’s the most exciting city in the world. Every day here is memorable. It’s also my home! When I'm here, I stay at my townhouse, but I love checking into the Gramercy Park Hotel or the Bowery for a night with my husband. It's just like a little, mini honeymoon! If you're visitng, I'd suggest a stay at the Bowery Hotel or the Mercer for a fun weekend. If you prefer to stay uptown, the Pierre and the Mark are super chic!
The activities that can't be missed
1. A trip to the Brooklyn flea market.
2. A Broadway show!
3. Walking! There is just so much to discover in NYC. Every area is like its own city! Street fairs, flea markets...there's excitement at every corner.
4. Museum trips. The New Museum, the Children's Museum of Art, the Met, the Museum of Natural History, and the MoMA!
My favorite places to eat
1. Carbone - an amazing new Italian restaurant. All the art was curated by Vito Schnabel!
2. Babycakes - a great vegan bakeshop in the East Village.
3. Indochine - an old school fashion industry staple!
4. Café Cluny
5. Westville - great for a healthy, organic brunch!
The places you should definitely see
1. Central Park - particularly the carousel!
2. FAO Schwarz
3. Alice + Olivia stores!
4. I love the Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel. And the rooftop at the Standard is always fun!
My favorite hidden gems
1. The Way We Wore - a vintage showroom for inspiration, open to the design trade and by appointment only.
2. Geminola - a super cool boutique in the West Village!
3. Sundaes and Cones - the best place for ice cream in the city.
The place I'm most excited to go next is Tokyo, when we open our first store there! And then to Kyoto to see the gardens!