NYC Sights with Warby Parker Co-Founder
When I travel, I crave culture shock — I want to find myself in a place where I don't speak the language and don't know the traffic laws. My earliest travel memory is going to Eleuthera, an incredibly beautiful place, but was altered pretty dramatically by a hurricane shortly after we traveled there. I would spend my perfect day in New York because no city has more to offer (I know it's cliché, but it's true!).
I would stay at The Bowery Hotel — that's where I stayed on my wedding night. My luggage for the honeymoon may or may not still be there. My most memorable moment here was when my son was born at NYU Medical Center.
My favorite places to eat
- Jeffrey's — Good name.
- Casa Mono — In our neighborhood, sit at the bar.
- Joe's Pizza — You haven't seen New York until you have at least one great slice.
The places you should definitely see
- The Highline
- The Brooklyn Promenade — I'm a Woody Allen fan.
- Tenement Museum — For a little NY history.
My favorite "hiddden gems"
- Tommy Guns for a haircut with Russell and a shave with Van.
- Dashwood Books
- Cooper Classic Cars on Perry Street.
My favorite club/bar is Sing Sing Karaoke.
The most romantic thing you can do here: Pick up some matching glasses at the new Warby Parker store on Greene Street.
The place I'm most excited to go next is Tokyo.