Uncover 700 years of LGBT history in Mexico City as you’re introduced to the city’s essence, traversing sites like the Aztec House of Lineage, the Spanish Inquisition Headquarters, and more
- Join us for an exclusive LGBT+ tour introducing Mexico City through its legends, exploring historic buildings, monuments, and hidden gems in the Historic Center, spanning seven centuries of stories
- Immerse in Mexico’s LGBT history, including the site of the first Equal Marriage, as we unveil the city’s oldest parts and rich heritage
- Part 2 reveals galleries, theaters, Mariachi Plaza, and the vibrant Gay Bar Row, while Part 3 dives into Zona Rosa’s nightlife, all seen through LGBT traditions from the Aztec Empire to the present
- Experience Mexico City’s evolution across centuries, from the Aztec Empire (1325 AD) to the modern era, all told through an LGBT lens
- Your friendly, local and fully bilingual guides can always be told apart by their yellow shirts and caps honoring the yellow gowns (sambenitos) that the Inquisition forced on so-called sodomite sinners, centuries ago
- All parts of the tour also show you different aspects of diversity in today’s Mexico City, including directions and guidance for nightlife and other activities
- Tour is by reservation only.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and come as light as possible, these are great long walks.
- Wear something to protect you from the sun; cap, shades, sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy.
- Bring a camera, we love to show you little treasures.
- Be willing to have some fun as we go through various eras lasting 700 years.
- This tour is wheel-chair accessible. Please do not bring liquids, big bags or pointed selfie sticks or umbrellas as they are not allowed in some venues.
- Water is available for purchase after we go through the sites where it is forbidden.
- The tour is a perfect excuse to share a history that has remained in the closet for most of its parts; helping to advance the fight for equality while getting to know two World Heritage sites, meeting new people and having fun.
Any experience can be canceled at least 7 days before the experience starts for a refund minus a 20% processing charge. Rescheduling and changes can be made at least 3 days before the experience starts. Refunds are counted from the original date of purchase.