Hanging Out with Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh
My travel cravings are for finding out where the locals like to hang out and experiencing a new location from their perspective.
I would spend my perfect day in Downtown Vegas, specifically the Fremont East area of Vegas, which is completely opposite of the Las Vegas strip most tourists know about. There's a lot to be discovered and a lot of friendly people to meet in the community, if you know where to look.
The activities that can't be missed
2. Bar hopping along Fremont East (east of the intersection of Las Vegas and Fremont).
3. Hanging out at the Beat Coffeeshop.
The places you should definitely see
1. The Zappos tour at the company's headquarters.
2. Downtown Project Tour - Always good to lend a hand to improve your own neighborhood.
3. The new Downtown Container Park.
My favorite hidden gems
1. Coterie, a clothing boutique.
2. Emergency Arts, a coffeehouse and art gallery. Don't forget to check out the back area and second floor!
3. Downtown Cocktail Room, located in the heart of Vegas.