Learn to climb in one of Pennsylvania’s premiere climbing crags with cliffs over 100 feet overlooking the Susquehanna River. Get out of the climbing gym and onto a real rock with stunning views below.
- Learn top-rope (single pitch) climbing basics from experienced, AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) certified instructors
- Go over the basics of climbing gear, body movement, climbing technique, communication, proper foot positioning, and safe hand holds
- Put these new skills to practice as you top-rope climb cliffs of various heights on a variety of routes with unique rock types and features
- Climb on the various paths on Chickies Rock as you become a more skilled climber while capturing impressive views
- Pause and enjoy from over 100 feet above the rolling waters of the Susquehanna River
- Guided lesson
- Ropes, harnesses, helmet and other necessary gear
What Guests Love
If you’ve never gone rock climbing outdoors, this is the perfect introduction day trip to help you transition to the great outdoors. Work with skilled, dedicated guides in a small group setting to get personalized instruction as you learn what it’s like climbing real rocks. Enjoy climbing in a place frequented by climbers of all skill levels as you hone your skills.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 7 days in advance.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
High Rocks State Park Outdoor Rappelling Adventure
Get your heart racing as you rappel off cliffs ranging from 80 feet to 175 feet. With over 100 different routes, enjoy amazing views of Tohickon Creek and the surrounding forest. Rappel with confidence as you learn the basics, or improve and improve your current skill set.
Duration:  4 hours