- 4 Ratings
Archaeological Sites & Local Communities Tour in Xpujil
Visit the ancient ruins of Xpujil, Becán and Chicanná to discover Mayan history in Mexico. Check out a lagoon deep in the jungle to stroll down scenic trails, see an orchid exhibition and more.
What You Will Do
- Explore three archaeological sites, Xpujil, Becán and Chicanná, to dive into Mexico's Mayan past
- Hear all about local sustainable initiatives that offer economical alternatives for using natural resources
- Learn about the Rio Bec region, its architecture, and how it came to influence the Calakmul Kingdom during the late classic period of Mayan civilization
- Visit a communitarian ecotourism project: Explore a lagoon, spot crocodiles, smell flowers in the orchid exhibition and see traditional honey harvesting
- Check out 20 de Noviembre, a community whose citizens specialize in handicrafts, wood-work, weaving and knitting
- Full-day archaeological tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water, refreshments and lunch at local restaurant
- English-speaking naturalist guide
Please bring personal medical supplies, closed-toe shoes, light fabric clothes, mosquito repellent and a light rain jacket.
Full-refund for cancellations made prior to 60 days before the tour. 50% deposit refund for cancellations made between 20 and 60 days prior to tour's departure. No refund for cancellations made 20 days prior to the tour's departure.
- 4 Ratings
I was fully satisfied with the quality of the tour. The guide was very well prepared and had proper materials (e.g. magazines) to explain us all kind of interesting details about the sites. Also the visited communities has interesting work and the artisans received us warmly.
Great tour guide. Very knowledgeable and professional.