- 4 Ratings
Archaeological Sites & Local Communities Tour in Xpujil
Visit the ancient ruins of Xpujil, Becán and Chicanná to discover Mayan history in Mexico. Check out a lagoon deep in the jungle to stroll down scenic trails, see an orchid exhibition and more.
What You Will Do
- Explore three archaeological sites, Xpujil, Becán and Chicanná, to dive into Mexico's Mayan past
- Hear all about local sustainable initiatives that offer economical alternatives for using natural resources
- Learn about the Rio Bec region, its architecture, and how it came to influence the Calakmul Kingdom during the late classic period of Mayan civilization
- Visit a communitarian ecotourism project: Explore a lagoon, spot crocodiles, smell flowers in the orchid exhibition and see traditional honey harvesting
- Check out 20 de Noviembre, a community whose citizens specialize in handicrafts, wood-work, weaving and knitting
- Full-day archaeological tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water, refreshments and lunch at local restaurant
- English-speaking naturalist guide
Please bring personal medical supplies, closed-toe shoes, light fabric clothes, mosquito repellent and a light rain jacket.
Full-refund for cancellations made prior to 60 days before the tour. 50% deposit refund for cancellations made between 20 and 60 days prior to tour's departure. No refund for cancellations made 20 days prior to the tour's departure.
- 4 Ratings