The Pejibaye River is a super fun section of river for people to experience on a Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP). Experience just the right amount of rapids, rocks and swift water while paddling below the jungle canopy.
- Explore the beautiful Pejibaye River while paddling through jungle canopies
- Practice your skills where the Pan American Kayak Championships were hosted a few years ago
- Try your hand at whitewater Stand Up Paddleboarding and even surfing on your SUP
- Let our friendly and knowledgeable guides teach you how to enjoy this exciting whitewater river
- Experience one of our favorite sections of rivers in all of Costa Rica - there are spots where the trees completely cover the river with vines and branches, making you feel like you are in a movie set
- SUP, paddle, PFD, and helmet
- A delicious typical Costa Rican lunch
- Please bring clothing that can get wet, water shoes that will stay on your feet, sunscreen, a water bottle, and smiles!
- A section of this river was recently used for the whitewater kayak slalom international competition and often paddlers can paddle through the gates on the course
- We like to use the first section of river to work, to learn and practice, so you become more comfortable with turns, and experience strong currents
- Paddleboarding is a physical activity, please take this into consideration and assess your ability before signing up for this trip
- A cancellation one day before the tour will result in a charge of 50% of the tour value
- Not showing for the tour will result in a charge for the full tour value
- Cancellations for alcohol or drug abuse will result in a charge for the full tour value
- Cancellations for weather conditions will result in a refund or rescheduled tour
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Whitewater Kayak Lesson in Turrialba
See why the Pejibaye is one of the best rivers in Costa Rica to learn to kayak! Beginner kayakers will use this section of river to work one on one with an instructor to practice their rolls, become more comfortable with eddy turns, and experience “pushy” water. More experienced paddlers can practice eddy turns, surfing, and slalom type ferrys and eddy catching. There are multiple spots along this run that allow for surfing in a kayak as well. You’ll get to experience just the right amount of rapids, rocks and swift water while paddling below the jungle canopy.
Duration:  4hrs - 6hrs
Full-Day Whitewater Inflatable Kayak Adventure in Turrialba
Experience just the right amount of rapids, rocks and swift water while paddling below the jungle canopy. Then take a break at one of the local’s favorite lunch spots along the Pejibaye River before an afternoon filled with more aquatic fun.
Duration:  5hrs - 7hrs
Adventure Combo: Kayaking, Swimming, & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Turrialba
One of the most requested activities, kayakitsu, starts with a morning of water activities, navigating rapids in inflatable kayaks known as ‘duckies,’ swimming in the river, jumping into the water and maybe even a rowing competition! Plus, train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the afternoon.
Duration:  4hrs - 6hrs