Explore the Hill Walking Tour in Washington D.C.
See Capitol Hill with local experts, who are full of fascinating inside info about this historic spot. Check out the US Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, Library of Congress, U.S Grant Memorial and more.
What You Will Do
- Make your way inside the U.S. Capitol for a guided tour of the Legislative branch of the U.S. Government
- Head to the Library of Congress Jefferson Building to see part of Thomas Jefferson's original collection of over 6,000 books that he sold to Congress to replace those burned in the War of 1812
- View the impressive main reading room, catch a glimpse of a Gutenberg Bible and marvel at the stunning architectural work in the Great Hall
- Visit the U.S. Supreme Court, the Judicial branch of the U.S. Government, and tour the building where cases that changed history were heard and settled
- Enter the Courtroom and sit in on a lecture given by experts on the court, then return to the US Capitol to see the floor of the House or Senate
- Walking tour
- Very friendly and knowledgeable native tour guide
- Reserved, priority entrance to the US Capitol
- Access to the chambers of the House or Senate, in the public galleries
No children under six are allowed on the tour. The following items are strictly prohibited in the Capitol: Liquids, food, aerosols, pointed objects, bags larger than 18" wide x 14" high x 8.5" deep, weapons, strollers. The following items are not allowed in the Senate and House Galleries: battery-operated electronic devices (medical devices are permitted), cameras, cans and bottles creams, lotions or perfume packages, briefcases backpacks or suitcases, video recorders.
Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes. There will be at least a mile of walking over length of the tour. This tour does include stairs and is not fully accessible for wheelchairs, scooters or strollers.