Explore Alexandria one bite at a time on a guided food tour full of flavor. Sample cuisine from all over as you learn about this historic neighborhood and more.
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Get the best of both worlds on a combo tour through Old Town Alexandria where you check out the food scene and local architecture
- Hit up family-owned restaurants along the way, tasting everything from freshly-baked artisan bread to a famous jelly cake that dates back over 100 years
- Hear stories of the area’s history, culture and culinary world from someone with plenty of insider knowledge
- Feast your eyes on the town’s incredible design as you walk by mansions, row houses and more
- Guided food tour
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the tour.
Jan 27, 2020
We were a group of four, with a total group of ten. Our guide never showed up. At about 1:15 we called your office and were told there was an emergency and he was running late. We were instructed to go to the first restaurant where our guide would eventually meet us and we were each offered a drink to compensate for us standing around waiting for over a half hour for our guide. Needless to say the timing at the restaurants was way off. At one we waited for over a half hour for our food while at another the food was already on the table and cold when we got there. I spent a lot of money for four people on this tour and it was by far the least enjoyable of any of the many food tours I have taken.
Oct 6, 2019
In signing up for this tour, we expected to "experience and learn about Old Town Alexandria's significance throughout the history of our country". Unfortunately, our guide chose to tell us more about her outlook on life, her education, her father and other tours that she gives. She talked much too much! The guests we were with felt as if they barely learned anything about Alexandria and far too much about the guide's personal life.
Oct 6, 2019
Unfortunately there was a lot of talk about this tour guide's education, past, family, e t c. It would have been nice to have filled that time with the history of Alexandria as we walked past specific landmarks. Also professionalism of a tour guide is important with respect to dress. I think time i spent dressing up, and using this person's knowledge of history specifically to Alexandria without going on many tangents it would have been much more enjoyable.
Meeting location:  809 Princess St
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year