Wabasha Kayak to the Eagle Center Tour
Paddle down the Mississippi River on a kayaking excursion that reveals the hidden beauty of this secluded corner of America. Then, head on to dry land for a stroll through the National Eagle Center to learn all about these amazing creatures.
What You Will Do
- Explore a different section of the Mississippi River—one far away from the large shipping routes and commercial activities, where the calm waters are shaded by forested canopies
- Start your tour with a kayaking lesson that will help you master the basics before hitting the water
- Coast through scenic paths and wandering channels as you marvel at the natural beauty of the largest river ecosystem on the continent
- Take a visit to the National Eagle Center and learn all about the conservation efforts currently taking place throughout the river—discover the importance of bi-valves and investigate invasive species
- Listen to informed naturalists who can answer any questions you may have about the river or eagles
- Kayak and equipment
- Short Kayaking Lesson
- Admission to the National Eagle Center
A pair of heeled sandals like Chacos, Tevas, or Keens are best. Aqua socks or just a pair of sneakers you don't mind getting wet. Please no Timberland or Redwing Boots. Guests may also paddle barefoot. Most clothes will work, but cotton is not best when the temperatures are down in the Spring and Fall. Kayaks have a weight limit of 250-300 pounds.