Sip and sample the flavors of The Village at Grand Traverse Commons, formerly known as the Traverse City State Hospital. Enjoy the local history, beer, and wine on a tour full of fun!
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Get a taste of history, wine, and beer at The Village, formerly known as the Traverse City State Hospital
- Walk to The Barrel Room at Left Foot Charley and learn about the preservation and reuse of this former state hospital
- Taste a variety of wines created by Left Foot Charley before walking to a neighboring brewery
- Sip and savor the delicious offerings of Earthen Ales for an unforgettable experience
- Guided tour and tasting
- Any product purchased will be taken to B50 for pick up at the end of the tour
- The tour is not handicap accessible because the path includes the ability to access the underground tunnels
- Tours are held rain, snow, or shine
- Photography is allowed during the tours, but no video or recording is permitted
- All participants must be 21 and over with a valid photo ID
- No refunds for canceled bookings
Jan 25, 2020
Loved the atmosphere, tour guide Joe was very informative also very passionate about what he does, great experience looking forward to our next visit.
Jan 24, 2020
The tour guide was a class act. Excellent history, understanding of the building, and execution of storytelling. I'd really like it if there was a late night tour for the ghosthunters! Maybe near Halloween time?
Nov 25, 2019
Joe was an excellent tour guide!! Wonderful time. I would, however, like to know even more about the history of the building. Is there any other direct source of information on the hospital? And is it publically accessible?
Meeting location:  880 Cottageview Dr
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year