Embark on an unforgettable carriage tour through 40 charming blocks, discovering the distinctive allure of historic Fredericksburg, USA’s heart
- Learn abut the history, culture and architecture that make the city of Fredericksburg such a popular and distinct destination
- Roll down streets and avenues rich in colonial and civil war history, all while learning about the lives of local citizens
- Hear about George Washington, Hugh Mercer and Fielding Lewis, all heroes of the revolutionary period
- Uncover the tale of Jane Beale, a widow who kept a diary during the Civil War and documented the Battle of Fredericksburg
- Guided carriage tour
- Make sure to dress appropriately for the season.
- In the summer, wear sunglasses and light clothing.
- During the cooler months, wear layers and bring jackets.
- Please note that there is a maximum weight limit of 1700 lbs to each carriage/wagonette.
- Additionally, the carriages/wagonettes are not handicap accessible.
- No smoking, eating, standing or moving around in the carriage.
- Minors must have a guardian with them to ride.
- No alcohol allowed in the carriage.
All tickets are final and non-refundable unless the company closes due to inclement weather or there is a situation that the ride could not be facilitated by the company. Virginia weather is very hard to predict, so cancellations will happen as close to the reservation time as possible. Tours will still operate in light rain.