- 19 Ratings
Union Canal Kayaking Adventure in Palmyra
Grab your gear and set off on an adventure for a relaxing time on the water in a kayak. Explore Union Canal as you enjoy the warm morning sun and all of the area's most legendary outdoor attractions.
What You Will Do
- Glide your way down the Tavern Run in the early morning as you paddle along in a kayak
- Pass by the the scenic Swatara Creek, cruising beneath towering trees and landmark bridges
- Enjoy a ride that is gentle and relatively quiet, ideal for every skill level and age group
- Keep your eyes peeled for the eye-catching Blue Rock limestone that's one of the distinctive features of the area
- Two-hour kayak rental
- Paddle and life jacket
- Dry bags for phones or clothing available upon request
- Navigation and safety instructions before each trip
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance.
- 19 Ratings
My Dad and I had a great time. Can't wait to do it again next year.
- Anthony C
Friendly service, just as advertised, will definitely do again!
I took my grandchildren, 10 and 13 , kayaking on Saturday. Tavern Run is a good choice for newbies: Calm water, and we saw lots of blue herons. We had a great time and we want to go again. Our group was not accompanied, but Ben gave clear instructions and we had no problems at all. I recommend this trip.
The Tavern Run is a great part of the Swatara! It is very relaxing! Ben is a great tour guide with great instructions and explaining part of the Swatara! I would highly recommend booking with Cocoa Kayaks! They supply the kayaks, life vest, waterproof containers and drink containers. This is a great option so you don't have to haul or store the kayaks.
Professional full service kayaking accommodating novices.and veterans alike. Website is extremely informative about the various runs. Safety instructions great for novices, all. Explanations about scenery at send off helped frame experience.
We were the only ones on this Friday 9am run and had the whole Swatara to ourselves, except for the 3 Blue Herons that guided us down the creek. What a wonderful day and Ben and Cocoa Kayak have always been the best, definitely will do it again.
Ben took a couple rookies and showed them an excellent time! The complete experience was professional, informative, and importantly enjoyable.