Tour of San Juan Chamula & Zinacantan
See a different side of Mexico with a guided tour of two towns home to traditional cultures and indigenous peoples. Explore Chamula and Zinacantan with a friendly guide who teaches you all about local history.
What You Will Do
- Dive into ancient Mayan traditions and culture on a guided tour to two historical towns in the heart of Mexico
- Stroll through Chamula the home to a large indigenous population that still preserves their language and culture: Check out the church and market of San Juan Chamula
- Visit Zinacantán, an area famous for looms and textile processing, which dates back centuries
- Fill up with a lunch of local dishes, including quesadillas, beans and organic coffee
- Learn about the myths, religion, beliefs and customs of this fascinating area
- Full-day guided tour
- Roundtrip transportation
Please bring comfortable shoes and clothes, a hat and sunglasses, sunscreen, and extra cash if you want to buy a souvenir and additional meals.
Full refund for cancellations made 48 hours or more prior to start of tour. 70% refund for cancellations made 24 hours before start of tour. No refunds for cancellations made 8 to 12 hours prior to scheduled tour.