- 3 Ratings
Chiapa de Corzo Canyon Tour
Journey back in time on a tour of Chiapa de Corzo, the first city that the Spaniards founded when they landed in the New World hundreds of years ago. Discover the ancient history of the city spanning back 2,000 years, then head out for a boat ride through Sumidero Canyon and get a taste for the natural beauty of southern Mexico.
What You Will Do
- Learn the fascinating history and culture of this region that combines Spanish and indigenous influences
- Enjoy round-trip transportation between your hotel and the starting point of this two-part tour
- Follow along on a guided tour of Chiapa de Corzo, an ancient city whose modern roots date back to the original Spanish conquistadors
- Explore the Sumidero Canyon on a guided boat tour: this deep canyon with nearly vertical sides hides a world of natural wonder, from waterfalls to beaches
- Take a break for a delicious lunch that gives you a taste of regional dishes
- Round-trip transportation
- Access to the park and natural areas
- Guided city and boat tour
Guests on this tour should physically fit. Bring comfortable shoes and clothes, a hat and sunglasses, sunscreen, and extra cash if you want to buy a souvenir and additional meals.
- 3 Ratings
It will be better if you add at least one Mirador after the boat trip.