Grand Traverse Commons Winter Walking Tour
Get an inside look at the architectural wonder of the former Traverse City State Hospital. Follow your guide as you learn about the purpose and theory behind these structures.
What You Will Do
- Set off on an indoor guided historic tour of the Village, which was the Traverse City State Hospital
- Learn about Dr. Munson’s “Beauty is Therapy” theory on patient care, the purpose of the architecture, and more
- Wander through Building 50, stopping at points of interest along the way, including the former Chapel now known as Kirkbride Hall
- Guided tour
- Must be physically capable to climb up and down steep stairs and walk through low-clearance areas
- Each participant must sign a waiver, and a parent or legal guardian must accompany and sign the waiver for each child under 18 years of age
- Children under age 12 are not permitted
Please wear comfortabel walking shoes.
Tickets are non refundable.