Stroll through the former Jewish quarter of Bucharest to dive into local history and check out important monuments. Discover the Jewish stories and voices that helped make the city what it is today.
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Wander through the Jewish Museum, housed in a beautiful synagogue from 1836 and which tells the history of the Jewish people in Romania
- Head to the Great Synagogue from 1845, which features beautiful decorations and an exhibition about the Holocaust in Romania
- Explore the State Jewish Theater: Founded 140 years ago as a Yiddish Theatre, Jewish actors performed here during the 1940s in the so-called Barasheum
- Meet some local citizens at the Jewish Community Center to learn about their current role in the city
- Visit the Choral Temple, the main synagogue of Bucharest, which showcases a Moorish style of architecture dating back more than a century
- 3 hour guided tour
Sep 5, 2017
There were only 2 of us with our guide , Andrei, so the tour was actually a private one so for us it was a nice bonus. The tour was very interesting as Andrei shared with us all of his extensive knowledge related with Jewish heritage sites, local Architecture and a lot of other topics related to Bucharst and Romania. We visited a lot of sites such as Holocaust Memorial, Choral Temple, Great Synagoge and Holocaust Museum, Jewish Theatre, Jewish history Museum and others. I would defenetly suggest this tour for everyone.
Meeting location:  Piața Unirii
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year