- 15 Ratings
Toronto History & Highlights Running Tour
Lace up your running shoes for a sight-filled trek through Toronto. Team up with an informative guide through the streets of Toronto, learning the history of Canada's leading tourist destination.
What You Will Do
- Set off on a running tour over mostly flat or downhill terrain that leaves you with enough energy to enjoy the history around you
- Jog around historic structures, including the University of Toronto, the Ontario Legislature, Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario
- Head out down Queen Street West, see both Old City Hall and New City Hall, as well as the St. Lawrence Market
- End up at the Historic Distillery District where you can poke through galleries and boutiques while sipping Balzac's coffee or stopping for a beer at the on-site brewery
- Approx. 90-minute guided running tour
Tour is 6 miles (10.0 km). Elevation is mostly flat or slight downhill. Terrain includes city sidewalks, grass and some stairs.
- 15 Ratings
Great guide and great tour, thoroughly recommended
The tour was very informational The tour guide Dan Grant was awesome! Very patiently pacing with me ! It was great!
Dan was a communicative and helpful guide. The tour itself was well structured, included lots of interesting history (ranging from architecture to art to war to beer!), and was well-paced for our group of 2. Thank you!
The running tour was a great way to see and learn about Toronto. I definitely learned things about Toronto and Canada that I did not have any idea about prior to the tour. Dan was very knowledgeable and friendly. I recommend this tour to all interested in combining exercise and sightseeing - even in winter.
Very good Quality of Information we got and Dan is a very friendly person
Had a wonderful time with Dan. He catered the running pace to my wife's speed and told us very interesting stories about history and music of Toronto. As a History Teacher and avid runner, I could not ask for more! Dan kept us safe on the unfamiliar roads, carried on a pleasant conversation, and made our trip to Toronto extra special!
I have run w/City running tours in 3 different cities so far. Each time I have enjoyed the tour guide and the run. The time however my experience was excellent! My guide had unique stories about Toronto. Things I would have never known had I not done the tour. On top of that I got my morning run in. I highly recommend!
We really enjoyed this tour. The running pace was just enough to feel like you were exercising but not overly demanding. Dan, our tour guide, was great. He told us interesting anecdotes mixed in with historical facts. He was very knowledgeable and overall a great person to spend two hours with. We highly recommend this tour!
Knowledgable tour guide (Dan)! Very informative and interesting way to tour the city!
Dan was a great guide and shared lots of interesting knowledge along the way. The tour gave me a completely new view of the city.