Oyster Farm Tour in Vineyard Sound
Cultivate, cull and taste fresh oysters on an insider's tour of an oyster hatchery and farm. Cruise over the shimmering waters of Vineyard Sound to learn how oysters are raised before trying them for yourself.
What You Will Do
- Get the inside scoop on oysters: Learn how they are cultivated as you travel on board a working oyster boat
- Visit a hatchery to see oysters being spawned and go behind the scenes with a tour of the oyster farm
- Discover what makes the dark-blue waters of Martha's Vineyard so unique as you explore Vineyard Sound
- Pull up a cage full of market oysters to learn how to cull these critters before enjoying a sample
- Tour of Cottage City Oyster Farm
- Life jacket
- Bottled waters
- Ice Cooler
Please wear summer clothes that can get wet or dirty. Please also bring sunscreen, hats or anything else that provides shade from the sun. A cooler with complementary water will be provided, but feel free to bring whatever beverage you want including alcoholic. There are no ramps or aids to help you step off and on the boat. It is encouraged that you take this into consideration when booking. You will be out in the open ocean, so sensitive individuals may experience motion sickness. Children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult that is older than 18 years of age. Both tour guides are USCG licensed captains.
100% refund for cancellations made at least seven days in advance of tour. 50% refund for cancellations made after seven days in advance of tour. 100% refund for cancellations due to bad weather. Rescheduling is optional.
- 28 Ratings
What a great experience! Great guys who really know their stuff and have an infectious passion about their craft. And the oysters were absolutely great. I would highly recommend this experience and Cottage City Oysters in general. Well worth it.