You will see first hand what geologists have called “ the most tortured landscape on earth” as you visit the backcountry trails of a Bureau of Land Management Wilderness zone with our expert guides.
Duration:  3hrs 30mins - 4hrs
Best Price Guaranteed
- Incredible slot canyons and colorful, tortured geology
- Vast agricultural fields
- Learn about the plants, animals, geology and history of the Coachella Valley
- Stop at a working date farm for date shakes
- Opportunities for short nature walks
- snacks and waters
- all permit fees
- date shake
- expert naturalist guide
- transportation to and from Palm Desert
- Please bring hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, jacket or windbreaker (in colder months) and wear closed toed shoes
- Unfortunately pets are not allowed
- We require 24 hour advance notice for tour cancellations or for a change in the number of guests.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour based on weather conditions.
Apr 1, 2023
Mar 27, 2023
This tour was great! So interesting and blown away at how much both my husband and I learned. Jeff was fun, professional and very informative/knowledgeable! We really appreciated how much heart n soul he put into this tour! Thanks Jeff, much appreciated! Stay Well:) Doug and Luisa
Mar 17, 2023
Feb 14, 2023
Feb 11, 2023
Feb 8, 2023
Feb 1, 2023
Jan 25, 2023
Jan 19, 2023
We learned SO much yesterday about the fascinating geology of San Andreas Fault, Coachella Valley, the palm oasises, slot canyons, slickin lines, Painted Canyon Fault, and Rainbow Ridge all with our amazing tour guide Isabel! She skillfully took us off road on the back country trails in a Jeep. We even stopped to help pull out a couple who got their van stuck in the desert sand. Fabulous afternoon!
Nov 11, 2022
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year