Take a guided walking beach eco-tour tour at Florida's Madeira Beach. Check out shells, shorebirds, and learn about sea turtles along the way.
Duration:  1hr 30mins - 2hrs 15mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- See, touch and hear about our large collection of shells from local beaches in the area
- Learn how to identify common coastal birds you’ll see with an expert who will provide tips
- Uncover the secrets of sea turtles that nest on these beaches, including how females come back to the same beach area they were born on
- Find out how you can help keep our endangered beach nesting birds and sea turtles safe
- Enjoy a relaxing beach walk that’s entertaining and educational for all ages
- Ninety-minute tour
- Tour includes walking and standing with total distance about one mile
- Dress for a casual walk, and wear shoes appropriate for the pavement and the beach.
- Protect yourself from the sun with whatever your sun protection routine consists of (hat, sunscreen, etc.)
- If it’s hot, you may want to bring water (in a reusable container if possible)
- In winter if it’s cool, it will be even chillier on the beach due to the sea breeze, so bring a jacket
- You’ll get an email immediately after booking online with the exact meeting address in Johns Pass Village.
- No pets
- Walks proceed in light, sporadic rain. Dress to stay dry with a rain jacket, hat, umbrella, etc. If the rain is heavy, we have an indoor location and we bring the beach to you - so to speak - with our shell collection and dozens of photos of the beach, sea birds, sea turtles and more. All the information in the tour is conveyed while you stay dry and comfortable at a local restaurant. It’s the same content as the outdoor tour, minus the rain and sand in your sneakers.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance.
Jan 4, 2020
My friends and I learned a great deal about not only the shells but also the resident birds and sea turtles.
Dec 31, 2019
Great addition to our family vacation! Wendy is very friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend!
Oct 12, 2019
Fantastic time at the beach and learned so much about birds, shells and sea turtles.
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year