- 251 Ratings
Sunset Kayaking Tour on the Chicago River
Watch the sun set over the Chicago skyline as you coast over glittering waters. Paddle down the Chicago River in a kayak, and enjoy incredible views made even prettier by the golden rays.
What You Will Do
- See the Windy City from a unique vantage point – the river
- This excursion is perfect for all levels — whether you are a beginner or an experienced paddler
- Start off with a 20 minute training session that gets you ready before heading out on the water
- Coast through the waves and gaze at the skyline, as your guide explains to you the urban architecture for which Chicago is famous for
- Watch the sun slowly set over vast buildings as you relax on the water, and see the city change from day to night
- Avoid all the power boats that dot the river during the day with this evening tour
- Kayaking equipment
- Guided tour
Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled tour time to ensure all tours stay on schedule. This tour starts and finishes at our Riverwalk location. Bring workout, cycling gloves if you have them.
We have a 24 hour cancellation policy for all pre-paid reservations. If you cancel within 24 hours of making your booking your money is not refundable. You are, however, allowed to make a new reservation at no additional cost. This is designed to account for emergency or otherwise unavoidable circumstances. If you miss or cancel your second reservation inside of 48 hours you will forfeit your purchase.
- 251 Ratings
Had a great time.
Great tour and guide. Great way to see the city. Only wished it was longer!! Will be back to do it again
Great adventure and views. It could be cheaper so we could visit at least twice a month.
You get to see the whole city and all its glory! The tour guides were very knowledgeable of the city’s history and assured everyone had a fun and safe time! Great way to explore and learn Chicago.
Great guides. Informative tours. Excellent location. A little expensive, but I highly recommend otherwise.
I chose this rating only because of the size of our group. It was a little too large such that I would often bump into other kayakers in our group. I wish the 3 tour guides had broken us up into smaller groups. Otherwise, the sunset tour was awesome. Friendly and helpful guides :)
Great tour on a busy night on the Chicago River. The guides were very skilled and kept everyone safe on the river during a busy Summer night in Chicago. I did a tandem Kayak with my 11 year old son for the first time, and while we were nervous at first, the trip turned out to be really fun, largely because the guides did such a great job.
Great guide...great views
Great tour guide!
Tour was fun and interesting- a great crew!
The sunset tour was relaxing and enjoyable. Our guide, Mike, provided us with a relaxing and informative tour. Highly recommend.
Great time. Jim was fantastic. The 1.5 hours was perfect.