Immerse yourself in over 100 years of history right in the heart of Springfield, a guided walk through the ballroom, dungeon and tower room complement the history that trained guides share for the duration of the tour
- Enter the Pythian Castle, an elaborate 1913 building built to look like a medieval castle
- Follow your friendly guide on a wandering tour through charming rooms that are full of history
- Discover the past of this castle that was once believed to hold POWs during World War II
- Learn all about this castle’s place in the local history—from haivng been an orphanage and a military center, it’s full of surprises
- Doors open 30 minutes prior to tour start time.
- Tour involves walking stairs.
- The main floor only is wheelchair accessible.
- So that we can keep this tour strictly historical, interior photos are limited to authorized areas.
- Taking of ghost pictures is prohibited.
Full refund with 24-hour notice.