- 33 Ratings
Bald Head Island Historic Tour
Discover the seaside history of North Carolina on a guided adventure of a historic lighthouse. Enjoy a ferry ride over calm waters, breathing in the salty breeze, before an informative tour.
What You Will Do
- Set off on a fact-filled tour of Bald Head Island with a knowledgeable guide, who fills you in on all the details
- Take advantage of convenient on-island transportation to get around, plus enjoy a charming ferry ride over white-capped waves
- Head to the Old Baldy Lighthouse and museum to get an inside look at this historic structure
- Gaze out over the ocean waters sparkling in the afternoon sun and look up at this towering lighthouse standing against the blue backdrop of the sky
- Admission to Old Baldy Lighthouse and Museum
- 10% gift shop discount
- Guided tour
- 33 Ratings
Susan was a knowledgeable guide and answered everyone's questions. It was a nice tour around the island. We were a party of 2 adults and there was a group of 5 , 3 kids. Of course they had lots of questions, kid type questions and everyone knows you can't go without answering their questions. I felt like when I worked in the school system, like I was on a field trip. Susan kept checking in to make sure we were ok and checking to see if we had any questions, so she did a great job handling the diversity of the group. We decided to end our tour at the lighthouse as we had had enough. I would recommend this tour though as I felt it was good value for the money and interesting sites. Would have liked a stop at a public beach just to see it.
I thought it was very interesting and the weather was perfect. I love those old trees, the light house, the church, and getting to ride on the golf card. The ferry ride was nice too!
Well worth it, but only thing I wish would've been added, is stopping for maybe 5-10 min, at one of the beach acessses & letting you walk down to waters edge.
Some history was good. More modern details lacking. Exampled---how much do houses cost? What animals live on island. Etc