- 65 Ratings
Bald Head Island Historic Tour
Discover the seaside history of North Carolina on a guided adventure of a historic lighthouse. Enjoy a ferry ride over calm waters, breathing in the salty breeze, before an informative tour.
What You Will Do
- Set off on a fact-filled tour of Bald Head Island with a knowledgeable guide, who fills you in on all the details
- Take advantage of convenient on-island transportation to get around, plus enjoy a charming ferry ride over white-capped waves
- Head to the Old Baldy Lighthouse and museum to get an inside look at this historic structure
- Gaze out over the ocean waters sparkling in the afternoon sun and look up at this towering lighthouse standing against the blue backdrop of the sky
- Admission to Old Baldy Lighthouse and Museum
- 10% gift shop discount
- Guided tour
- 65 Ratings
We were on Bald Head Island on a rainy day. Our guide, Travis, was most accommodating to make sure we saw as much as we could. His flexibility was much appreciated!
Travis was an excellent guide. Very knowledgeable about the history of Bald Head. Travis was very friendly and well prepared with bottled water or soft drinks. I would highly recommend him as your guide
Susan was a knowledgeable guide and answered everyone's questions. It was a nice tour around the island. We were a party of 2 adults and there was a group of 5 , 3 kids. Of course they had lots of questions, kid type questions and everyone knows you can't go without answering their questions. I felt like when I worked in the school system, like I was on a field trip. Susan kept checking in to make sure we were ok and checking to see if we had any questions, so she did a great job handling the diversity of the group. We decided to end our tour at the lighthouse as we had had enough. I would recommend this tour though as I felt it was good value for the money and interesting sites. Would have liked a stop at a public beach just to see it.
I thought it was very interesting and the weather was perfect. I love those old trees, the light house, the church, and getting to ride on the golf card. The ferry ride was nice too!
Well worth it, but only thing I wish would've been added, is stopping for maybe 5-10 min, at one of the beach acessses & letting you walk down to waters edge.
Some history was good. More modern details lacking. Exampled---how much do houses cost? What animals live on island. Etc