Steinbeck Country Tour
Satisfy your curiosity for John Steinbeck on this tour that explores his life and inspirations. Find what directly led to the works of this iconic American writer when you tour the Salinas Valley, known as The Salad Bowl of the World.
What You Will Do
- Enter the world of John Steinbeck with a guided tour through Salinas Valley, the enchanting inspiration and setting for a number of his most famous works
- Explore the Steinbeck Center, a museum dedicated to the life and works of this monumental author—which is a work of art in itself
- Drive through the lush valleys that set the scene of Steinbeck's youth
- Get a peek into Steinbeck's childhood when you see the Queen Anne-style Victorian home he grew up in, before ending with a solemn visit to his final resting place
- Stops at Steinbeck's home, his grave and the Steinbeck center
- Bottled water
- Stops for photo opportunities
Ages 4 and under are permitted only when the responsible party reserves the entire van.
No refunds for cancellations made within one week of tour.