- 104 Ratings
Soho Wine Tour in New York City
Prepare your palate for a flavor-filled wine tour through New York's hip Soho neighborhood. Learn all about proper food pairings as you try delicious morsels and full-bodied vintages for yourself.
What You Will Do
-Visit two premium wine destinations in SoHo during your wine-tasting walking tour
- At each stop, sample world-class wines matched with delicious cuisine while your expert guide and winemaker hosts share tips on selecting, tasting and pairing wines
- Enjoy customized attention as you discover great restaurants and wine shops and learn about wine history
- Get the inside scoop on how to find good values on a restaurant wine list, and even how to ask for a discount
- Guided two-hour wine tour
- Samples and pairings
Must be 21 or older to consume alcohol.
- Wear smart casual clothing and bring a valid ID
- Expect to walk around a half mile (0.8 km) total at a leisurely pace between tasting locations
- 104 Ratings
I’ve done a few of these wine tours now in both Boston and NY. The wines we tasted were very good but our tour guide was sub-par. Thought we would have gone to 3 different locations for the price. Still a good tour but could be better.
Well when our party of 10 arrived at the first restaurant, our tour guide seemed a bit confused and there was not enough room for us as if were not expected.
There could have been a little bit more food
Although the tour was enjoyable, I believe the price should be more in line with $50 pp instead of $75. Many tip the guide anyway so lowering the price a bit would not hurt.
Guide was very knowledgeable but we found we were not able to enjoy each others company as we had not enough time to talk amongst ourselves. In addition the wine provided was clearly very small probably had a total of one glass the entire time! Last time there were less people and we were able to have more. One bottle for 14 people is clearly not enough. I am glad that I purchased the special as if I had paid full price for this I would have been very upset with the amount of wine offered. Food was good however. I probably will not purchase again.
Gil did an excellent job of explaining the wines and talked about some little known tips. He answered a lot of questions. The appetizers were good and the other in the group were all nice.