Sintra History Tour
Spend your morning in Sintra visiting Pena Park and Palace and the Quinta da Regaleira. Enjoy a typical Portuguese lunch in town, then travel to continental Europe's westernmost point.
What You Will Do
- Visit Sintra's Pena Park and Palace, which showcase the rich tradition of 19th-century romanticism and which are home to more than 500 different species of trees
- Head to Quinta da Regaleira, an estate with a romantic palace, chapel, and park: Check out lakes, grottoes, wells, fountains and more
- Uncover the best-preserved medieval royal residence is Portuguese: Snap photos of this structure to take home and show off
- Have lunch in a typical restaurant in the town center and enjoy some free time to visit shops or take a stroll in the narrow and colorful streets
- Head to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of Continental Europe, then hit up Guincho beach, which is known for its big waves
- Entrance fee to Pena Park
- Guided tour
- Bottled water
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance.
- 65 Ratings
Our tour to Sintra was one of our favorite parts of a 10 day vacation. We loved everything about it from the sites we visited the lunch with our group and our excellent and friendly tour guide, Filipa. She was a delightful person with whom to spend our day and was passionate about the sites and Lisbon. She picked us up at our rental, and dropped us off at the end. She also went out of her way to help us retrieve something we left in her car during the tour. The only thing we felt would improve the experience is if she joined us while visiting the sites, to provide additional information. Thanks for everything!
Andre who led the tour was very enthusiastic about his country and for a day, we saw a Sintra, Cascais and nooks and crannies of the area throughout the eyes of a Portuguese viewing his country as a tourist.
We had an excellent tour guide, in David. He was very informed and knowledgeable on not only the areas we were to visit, but Portugal as well. We asked him many general questions of the country, and he was happy to answer all questions. We saw incredible sights and enjoyed his passion for his job, life and pride in his country.
An informative, interesting and fun experience.
Th tour was great we went to quite a few places and avoided the queues at Pena Palace and that was priceless! We had a great time with David (our guide) throughout the tour, he arrived on time and was really chatty throughout the day, he knew lots about all sorts of stuff and no question seemed to faze him at all. He was very relaxed and fun! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.