Shiitake Mushroom Farm Tour in Chilmark
Take a tour of the Martha's Vineyard Mycological Shiitake farm. Learn about shiitake farming, including the hyper-sustainable practices used here and how the island's climate is perfect for their growth.
What You Will Do
- Explore the fascinating world of shiitake mushrooms and mycology when you go on a behind-the-scenes tour of Martha's Vineyard Mycological farm
- Learn how the farm's commitment to traditional techniques used in Japan for thousands of years makes all the difference when it comes to flavor
- Satisfy your palate with a mushroom tasting, as well as snacks, coffee, and beverages from local businesses
- Educational tour of farm with owners
- Mushroom tastings
- Snacks, coffee, and beverages from local businesses
- Gift of mushrooms to take home
Please bring: Rain jackets, rain or muck boots, short and long pants, flip-flops, bathing suits, walking shoes, sunscreen, bug spray and water bottle. It can be cold at night, so it is recommended that you bring layers. Meals are not dressy, so please dress comfortably. Some meals include a vegetarian option. Please specify dietary requirements when you make your reservations. While the operator respects dietary choices and restrictions, sometimes it is not possible to offer menu substitutions.
Non-refundable. However, you may transfer your reservation to another person. If you transfer your ticket, you must provide the operator with an email address for the new ticket holder five days prior to the event. Operator may cancel the event if the minimum of 12 guests is not met. In this case, you may choose another adventure or ask for a refund. If the operator needs to cancel the event because of inclement weather, you can either book another adventure or receive a refund, minus a 10% booking fee. Please email operator with any questions.