Shady Ladies Tour of the MFA Boston
Uncover the magic of Boston's Museum of Fine Arts with a female perspective. Learn how women have impacted the art world and the musuem itself.
What You Will Do
- Check out several different sections of the Museum of Fine Arts, such as Greek and Roman, Egyptian, and European artwork
- Make your way to the American section, learning about the artists from our nation that have made a significant impact
- Hear about artist themes that deal with women, including female monsters in Greek mythology, women rulers of pre-modern Europe, and more
- Have fun hanging with the founder, Professor Andrew Lear, giving you an insiders look into the museum
- Guided two-hour museum walking tour
Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour begins.
Photography is allowed in the museum, but not flash photography or video.
- 79 Ratings
This was a great concept and the tour leader was very well qualified as an art historian. Added many interesting historical details, was friendly, encouraging etc.. I really enjoyed going through the museum following a theme rather than room to room, epoch to epoch and seeing only one area. I wished it were a bit longer (would have paid more for that). I wished it had incorporated some of the Lautrec and the Kahlo exhibits, which have obvious shady content. Two of three times, our leader could not find the dart works he wanted to show us as they had apparently been moved. So, perhaps he could be better updated on locations of things. So, I was satisfied - more than "somewhat" but a little less than "very". I would take another of these tours because of the themed aspect as a great way to look at museums/art differently. Plus you get to actually walk a bit faster and cover some ground between pauses which makes me more alert and attentive.
Tour guide was engaging , insightful, knowledgeable and quite funny..
Great tour! ! So informative and made us all rethink how we look at art (and history). Thanks for the inspiration amd laughs!!
This tour is a must-see. Funny, fun, entertaining. Wholly engrossing. Do yourself a favor and take this tour!!!
What a great tour and great host! My friend and I had a blast! I would do this again! I'll never look at the MFA the same again :^)
Interesting tour. Good explanation and organized.
It was fun, light-hearted, educational and shady!
Extremely knowledgeable, entertaining tour guide. However, would've liked more diverse representation from different cultures but perhaps the MFA is limited in this regard...?