Three-Hour Tacoma Boomtown Walking Tour
Embark on a journey to the hustling and bustling boomtown area of Tacoma. Seize the opportunity to visit this urban industrialized city heavily influenced by the establishments of the Northern Pacific Railway and the Port of Tacoma in Commencement Bay, which led to the city motto, "When rails meet sails."
What You Will Do
- Explore the port city of Tacoma, nicknamed the City of Destiny when selected as the Northern Pacific Railway's western terminus in the late 19th century
- Visit notable attractions such as the Glass Museum, Union Depot and the Tacoma Dome—and learn how Pacific Avenue became one of Tacoma’s most famous and powerful streets
- Stop by favorite local restaurants to sample delectable treats, coffee and more
- Uncover the extraordinary truths (and myths) behind Tacoma’s many stereotypes, deciphering fact and fiction with your own eyes
- Guided walking tour
- Tastings at some restaurants
Comfortable shoes recommended. Guests may bring cameras.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance.