- 13 Ratings
Maury Island Marine Park Weekday Campsite
Book a secluded campsite during the week to explore the great outdoors. Enjoy a beachside spot for a scenic experience as you escape from the city and breathe in fresh air.
What You Will Do
- Head out to King County's Maury Island Marine Park for a fun time in the great outdoors where you take your pick of fun activities
- Choose to explore the area your way: Hike the trails on foot or paddle over the water in your kayak
- Relax and unwind as you listen to the waves lapping against the shore and birds chirping around you
- Explore the campsite to the fullest as you spend some time during the week doing whatever suits you
- Beachfront primitive campsite #1 at King County's Maury Island Marine Park
Campfires are prohibited. There is no water available so please pack in enough water for your stay.
- 13 Ratings
Great site and solid facilities. Not much privacy.
Beautiful view and easy access to the beach. My daughters loved it there. There's a picnic table for use by anyone in the campground, which was a welcome surprise. The campsites themselves are shaded but everything else is in the open. That makes the walk to the porta-potty hot or wet depending on the weather. I believe this is the only public campground on the island open to hikers, and the walk from the parking lot is relatively easy even for kids. The campsites are small. I don't see how two tents can fit. The ground is rocky, so be prepared to.do a little clearing.
GREAT SITES!!! Thank you! Please have the porta-potty serviced more. No toilet paper :(
We loved the campsite, but weren't aware of the graded hike! Several campers had trouble finding their sites. (The numbers are the same color as the wood they are mounted on.) It was a great time and we want to come back.